Monday, June 14, 2010

The end of an Era...

Where do I begin?

I’m such a lazy ass! I love to write, but I don’t. So many amazing things that have happened my life but I don’t bother writing about them! I think I should at least capture the essence of the most defining moments of my life, so that I have these milestones in my life noted and remembered somewhere “in the cloud”

In a few hours, I’ll be defending my Master’s thesis. In academic terms, it also means defending your honour, your work, your research. And that marks the end of an era, a time I’ll never forget, here at the International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad.

Where do I begin? This place has given me so much and took nothing in return. Two and a half years of working on cool Research problems, solving them, having it accepted at a major international conferences, going to said conferences, and having your work recognized by your peers. It’s been amazing, and on this journey, two special people (Dr. Kishore Kothapalli and Dr. PJ Narayanan) were there to guide me at each step of the way.

I could go on and on about the nitty-gritty of the past couple of years here at IIIT, but I don’t think I have the writing prowess to pull it off and capture the essence of what was essentially the best time of my life. All I want is to be able to come back to this post, look at it and smile at one of the happiest moments in my Life... :)

No comments: